Maintaining your DIY lash extensions is essential to keep them looking their best and to ensure they last as long as possible. Here are some tips for maintaining your DIY lash extensions:
1. Gentle Cleansing: Clean your lashes regularly with a lash-friendly cleanser to remove makeup, oil, and debris. Use a lint-free brush or a soft cleansing pad to avoid damaging the extensions.
2. Avoid Oil-Based Products: Stay away of oil-based makeup removers, cleansers, and eye creams. These can weaken the lash adhesive and cause the extensions to fall out prematurely.
3. Be Mindful of Water: Avoid excessive exposure to water, steam, or high humidity, where and when possible.
4. No Rubbing or Pulling: Refrain from rubbing or pulling on your DIY eyelash extensions. This can damage your natural lashes and cause the extensions to come off.
5. Sleep Position: Try to sleep on your back to prevent friction and rubbing against your pillow, which can dislodge your DIY eyelash extensions.
6. Be Cautious with Eye Makeup: When applying eye makeup, avoid placing mascara, eyeliner or other makeup product on your DIY eyelash extensions. This might be a challenge to remove, and might require rubbing, which can harm the extensions.
7. Don't Pull when Removing: If you decide to remove your DIY lash extensions, do not attempt to pull them off. Use a professional DIY eyelash remover to help with dissolving the glue and to avoid damaging your natural lashes.
8. Limit Heavy Exercise and Saunas: Intense physical activity and saunas can cause excessive sweating, which may weaken the lash adhesive.
Proper maintenance will help your DIY lash extensions look gorgeous and last longer, ensuring that you continue to enjoy the benefits of fuller, more voluminous lashes. Remember that taking care of your natural lashes is just as important, as healthy natural lashes provide a strong foundation for your extensions.